This Blog is an attempt to diarise the interesting parts of my life with visual memories and a few words here and there...I'm only 'low-level' nerd so if there are hiccups on the page I'm sure you'll just overlook them :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

So, there you have it. A glimpse of the unexpected.

It's weird how much the climate controls moods. Over here, most of the people reflect the environment - grey, dreary and dull. Sorry to offend (although those that know me know I am not really sorry), but this is my observation. However, the most magnificent transformation occurs the very second the sun pokes it's head from behind a cloud. The sky lights up with warmth and so do the faces of the city. If only for a snippet here and there, it is worth the wait. People take their dogs out, their children even, and fly kites, whistle and picnic. They smile and say hello, and even apologise for bumping into you. They prefer to take a slow bus and soak up the scenery, than to disappear into the underground.

It's like another place, a decent one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home